First of all, our apologies for the delays in processing e-mail and syncing our search function yesterday, March 4.
At 9:46 CET we noticed that the ROBIN API for incoming e-mail experienced a delay of 30 minutes.
To restore improve the processing speed, we have scaled-up our technical infrastructure. As we continuously scale our Azure resources to demand, this was our first go-to remediation. Unfortunately, this process didn't result in the expected improvement.
Between 12:00 and 16:30 CET we have analysed our databases, found out the root cause was database setup related and defined the required setup changes to resolve the issue and make the setup better for the future. We have planned these changes at 22:00 PM. As the load on the platform decreases after 18:00 CET we were able resolve the message and search sync queue around 20:13 CET. Around 22:00 we changed the database setup.
Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.